Ever since my mom turned me onto them last year, I've been telling anyone that will listen about Flavor & Fiber Bars made by Gnu Foods. They are life-changing At least in the poo department.
If you've ever been, well, unable to do your daily business the way you would like (and I know there are a lot of you out there), you are going to thank me. These things are amazing.
And here's why:
- They have TWELVE GRAMS of fiber in them! That's a whole bunch. About half your daily requirement, to be exact. According to this comparison, it's the eqivalent of four glasses of Metamucil. And who wants to drink four glasses of Metamucil?
- They're all-natural AND delicious. Seriously. The Chocolate Brownie flavor tastes like a chocolate brownie. Not even kidding. They're even soft and chewy, which is a big plus for me.
- They don't bother my stomach they way a fiber supplement does.
- They work within a few hours. In a big way.
- They make you feel full for hours. Like so full you couldn't even image eating a candy bar. So if you're trying to avoid unhealthy snacks, they're a great alternative.
Trader Joe's carries them, but the price is a little steep. I actually order them online from the Joy of Fiber program. Each month, they mail me 30 bars for a little over a dollar each. I eat one every day for breakfast, and I feel fantastic. Totally worth it.
Plus, I lost FIVE POUNDS in the first couple weeks. I don't know if it was because they made me too full to snack or because things were a little "backed up," but I'm not complaining.